Introduction to Racial Equity
Time & Location
About The Event
This day and half seminar will take place Friday, May 31, 1:00-5:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 1, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Attendance both days is required.
Intro to Racial Equity is designed to help people who are interested in learning more about racial equity but haven't had a lot of formal training yet. In this seminar we will:
- Co-create a space to practice healthier ways of interacting with each other
- Deepen our understanding of key terms related to equity
- Define oppression and -isms
- Explore the four levels of racism and oppression
- Talk about our own social identities
- Experience race-based caucus space
- Have challenging conversations across difference in a safe container
- Leave with new (and renewed) curiosity, connection, and commitment
Racial identity is used as an entry point for exploration and will be discussed throughout the seminar; however, race is not our only identity marker, and we will explore how race intersects with various other identities as well. Participants should be ready to think about class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, and more. We invite you to come with all your questions, and come prepared to build and strengthen relationships.
Coffee, tea, snacks and water will be provided. Please bring your own lunch on Saturday.
Full and partial scholarships are available. Use one of the following coupon codes to select the scholarship you need.
25OFF (you pay $100)
50OFF (you pay $75)
75OFF (you pay $50)
100OFF (you pay $25)
125OFF (you pay nothing)
If you are able to contribute to our scholarship fund, please visit patreon.com and make a one-time contribution or sign up as a monthly supporter.
- Intro to Racial Equity$125$1250$0